Friday, April 15, 2011

I used to think differently.

Have you ever been going through your day and all of a sudden, something hits you and you realize you don't feel quite the same as you used to, that you look at the world differently, or maybe life has a different flavor. It happens to me most often when I hear a song that's attached to a certain place or time in my mind. Or when I find a journal or book from my childhood.

Our perspective is so all encompassing and pervasive in our world-view. Everything I experience or think about is in a way filtered through my personal perspective. And that perspective changes over time. Sometimes I want to build a house with giant proportions, ceilings, and furniture, so I can remember what it was like to be a kid. I can recall bits and pieces, but just sense of the sheer hugeness of the world is something that was permanent when I younger, but transient now.

I'm kind of circling around an extremely vague and even more poorly-described feeling, but maybe you know what I'm talking about.

It's nice to remember how I used to be, and it's nice to remember how I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment