Sunday, March 13, 2011

From the Life of a Mature Adult

So, break's almost officially over. Classes start tomorrow, midterms and projects ensue, and the end of the semester is not-so-slowly creeping up. I'm currently coping with this in the most mature way possible: pajama time and midnight brownies with my roommie. What else can you do, right?

Break itself was certainly a success. Though, as most of you know, I was too busy having fun to get all the work done I had typed up in my "Spring Break" desktop post-it. I did get caught up on my English work and a head start in Psych for the week. Italian midterm is Wednesday. I should be more stressed than I actually am.

One thing I re-discovered over break: I really miss reading for fun. I have always known this, but sometimes I don't fully realize how true it is. In the thick of a semester, when most of my time is taken up reading for school, I forget what it is like to experience leisure reading. I remember that it is something I love, something that I identify as my favorite pastime, but I don't always remember what it actually feels like. Over the past couple days, I reminded myself. I didn't really get into any books. Just skimmed. All the same, it will be difficult to give it up again, even if only for the next couple weeks.

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to start reading poetry while waiting for the bus or something, to keep me sane. May I suggest you all find ways to do the same. Don't get me wrong; work is important. You've got to do what you've got to do, just make sure you don't go crazy in the process.

Love you guys!
Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment