Sunday, November 13, 2011

There has been a change.

I now have a library card!!
And there are qed thn 8iklm8ikm (<--- Christine's contribution to the blog [for those of you who are unaware, Christine is my roommate, not a cat.])
As I was saying before I was interrupted, there are ebooks for download!
Welcome to the 21st century. We've been here for over a decade, but no single advancement in the availability of technology has made me more happy.
The follow up question would naturally be: So what amazing books have you found to check out Ruth?
Well,...... no amazing ones yet. Most of the ones I wanted were checked out. But I'm on the waiting lists!

In other news, November is almost halfway over! Which not only means boys around the world will again start shaving before too much longer, but also that I should theoretically be halfway through my novel! Right?
Well, close at least. Right?

To be honest, I am not entirely sure of my total word count. I have been keeping up with my daily goal rather consistently, so if I am behind it is not by too much.

I was thinking of maybe posting in Italian every once in a while to keep from forgetting all six semesters' worth. I was going to start with this one, but I forgot.
But how would you all be able to read it then? Google translate of course. It has gotten much better over the years. I remember one particular lecture of my cognition class when my professor presented us with the following passage, a translation of a song verse into Spanish, then back into English:

You would improve the clock towards the outside,
You would improve not the shout,
You would improve not the codfish. I is saying
to him Papa Noel is coming to the city.

Can you guess which song??
If you happened to say "Santa Claus is Coming to Town," you are correct!
If you said anything else, you were wrong.
If you've seen this before, well good for you Joseph. (Just kidding. I love you!)

Miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment