Monday, February 10, 2014

Care

I actually got on today to see if anyone had posted new stuff. Then I realized much much later that I was to post new stuff!

Care:

1- suffering of mind; a cause for anxiety
2- painstaking or watchful attention
two synonyms: charge, supervision  

Origin of Care:

Middle English, from Old English caru; akin to Old High German kara lament, Old Irish gairm call, cry, Latin garrireto chatter
First Known Use: before 12th century
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary online


While I decided on the word for the second of the two definitions, I thought it interesting to look at both together. The second implies a watchful care, which will seek to spare someone of the first, or weighty, care.
The roots also denote both worry and coming together for conversation, presumably to comfort those in need.

I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment