Saturday, December 10, 2011

An English major, just in Spanish

Hello everyone!

I've been writing posts, but I haven't been posting them. Many of them are still half-finished, stewing around in the back of my brain and the notes document of my computer. Maybe when they or we have matured I'll put them up. For now, at least, we will have to wait.

I enjoy Spanish, a lot actually. I have wondered at times if I really want to spend semesters of my life studying and doing in-depth analysis of medieval spanish literature. And I have come to the conclusion that although it is not my greatest academic passion, I have enjoyed my classes, though the writing has been time consuming. Writing papers has always been something of a struggle for me, for although I feel like I achieve a decent product in the end, my methodology can be somewhat frustrating. In that way I think the blog has been useful for me, in that it's helped me to write without worrying too much what I'm writing. I tend to get stuck on one paragraph or transition in my papers, and switch to another part, then go back to a previous one etc. etc. I end up just jumping all over the place rather than making clear, logical steps. I enjoy writing whatever I want in whatever order it comes out in. Sure it's messy, and often obtuse or confusing, but it's there. I can always edit and rewrite afterwards. And the more I practice, the easier it gets.

So, thanks for giving me the chance to write and keep in contact with you all.

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment